Thursday, July 8, 2010

Not so Family Vacation…

It’s very weird to call going to my old home a vacation…and even if I did consider Southern California a vacation spot, Justin would have to be with us to really call it a family vacation. The kids and I had a great time but I have to admit…we missed our dad and husband. 

Day 1: Driving

Day 2: Driving, Hanging with Linsey and her adorable kids, Haley and Colin. Linsey is like a sister to me and those kids are like my niece and nephew…I love them even though I don’t know them completely. I love Linsey and so I love them.IMG_0629

Day 3: More driving, and then to Corona to hang with the “old” crowd from the “old” hood. We had a great time. The kids really enjoyed hanging with their old buddies. Jeremy even got to go to a birthday party while he was there so he got to see A LOT of friends from his old school.IMG_0632 IMG_0633 IMG_0637 IMG_0638 IMG_0639

Day 4: More Driving, back to my mom’s house to enjoy her GORGEOUS new pool and guest house. We had a great time with them. Especially the boys…I can not believe how big and mature Adam and Jonathan are. Christopher is so funny!! He still has those cute dimples that are irresistibly cute! Timothy and Benjamin are always such good friends, and uncles, to my kids…I never see much of them because they are off doing “boy stuff”.IMG_0643 IMG_0646 IMG_0648

Day 5: More driving… Down to Escondido to see Chris, Ashley, Brenlyn and Grayson. My kids were in HEAVEN!! With 5 acres, a beautiful pool and a gorgeous house, there was no shortage of things to do. A special thanks to Uncle Chris for teaching my boys to love GUNS!!! (ok…pellet guns) Wow, they had a blast!

               IMG_0652IMG_0649

IMG_0653IMG_0654                IMG_0658 IMG_0660

Day6: More driving…to Redondo Beach!! Justin’s dad lives on a BOAT!! Yep, that’s right. Let me just say…we had front row seats for a great fireworks show! Happy 4th of July!

Day 7: Drive HOME!!!

As you can see, we did A LOT of driving. Despite all the time in the car, the kids were great and we really enjoyed seeing all of our friends and family!

2 comments:

Chrissy Thomas said...

Looks like you guys had a fantastic time Mandee!

Linsey said...

Your blog title "Not so family vacation" cracked me up!!! That was EXACTLY how I felt that trip. Don't get me wrong, we had a lot of fun that trip (how could we not, it was California, plus I got to see you), but between Clint working, me doing three photo shoots, and Clint spraining his ankle (leaving me with a babysitter for three days while he recovered in the hotel), we had zero family time. Okay, I take that back. We ate together as a family the first night of our six day trip. It was insane. So, the highlight was definitely seeing you and your adorable kids! And, yes, I love them too! They are the cutest!

Love you too!

Linsey

P.S. Can you e-mail me that picture of Kaitlyn and Hayley? It's SO cute!